XBF Gaming Daily
Some news folks!!
Major nelson took to his blog today to announce 12 person Xbox live party chat is now available for all Xbox One users. No console update is required as this is a server side change and is a direct result of feedback received from Xbox users on their user voice forum. In addition to these global changes those of us in the Xbox Preview Program for the Next Xbox Experience will being receiving some special updates:
- Party text chat adds more communication options. In the New Xbox One Experience, text chat joins voice chat as a way to communicate with your friends. At the bottom of the ‘Your Party’ page, you will see a button to ‘Show text chat.’ This will let you participate in the conversation. Party text chat will also come to the Beta Xbox App for Windows 10.
- A streamlined Game DVR experience. We have combined the functionality of the Game DVR snap app and the former Upload app into one easy-to-use app called Game DVR. In full screen mode, you can use this app to view your game clips and screenshot captures. When snapped, you can use Game DVR to start or stop recordings.
- New animated avatars. They are back and better than ever. You showed us that you are passionate about Avatars with many requests on Xbox Feedback. The new avatars will be animated on your profile and will start showing up in other new places in the new experience. If you prefer a gamerpic, you can easily switch your image.
- Updated menu for quick access to common actions. The menu button on your controller lets you pin an app or game to Home, launch a recently played game, or quit an app or game with just the touch of a button.
- Access new settings in the Guide. Adding to settings already included in the guide, like adjusting the headset volume, you can now turn your console off or restart your console directly from the Guide.
The full blog entry is available for reading here
Gearbox Softrware’s BattleBorn finally has a release date for February 9th on Xbox One and PC with pre-orders available now. Gearbox who of course made Borderlands have been working on BattleBorn for several years and it has there trademark crazy art style and over the top action.
Gearbox Describe Battle Born as“A tremendous band of bad ass heroes fight to protect the universe’s very last star from a mysterious evil in this next-gen shooter by the creators of Borderlands. To defend it, you’ll need to utilize every type of character and weapon you’ve ever imagined — from cyborg hawkmen to samurai vampires to mini-gun wielding man-mountains. Slash and parry, run and gun, cast and dash, or simply obliterate foes all while building and growing your personal team of heroes. Choose your hero and fight alone or co-operatively alongside friends in story missions, or battle against them in fast-paced competitive multiplayer matches.”
If Gearbox keep up there excellent track record BattleBorn could be another brilliant game and it’s timed to perfection just after the annual Xmas Rush.
I’m ploughing through Destiny The Taken King expansion still and rather enjoying myself and will be finishing off another article once it’s completed on my Destiny experience.
Joe is Special